Friday, June 1, 2012

Sign 11

EPOV
Like I'd ever stand in the way of your cooking. Crazy woman. Gonna talk to Jasper now. – Edward.
"How's Emma?" Jasper asked once we were both seated in his office. "Katie sure threw a tantrum 'cause we missed this Saturday's play date."
"She was with my parents, so I wouldn't know," I chuckled, knowing that Katie's tantrums were… hysterical.
He smirked. "Oh, yeah? Just you and Bella on Saturday then?"
So not why I came here.
Jasper's stalling.
"You gave me ten minutes, Jazz," I reminded him. "We're not gonna talk about what I did on Saturday. We are however going to discuss Friday."
His smirk vanished.
"What the hell, man? You told Alice you were single," I added, half in disbelief, half accusing. "But you told me that you had told her that you were getting divorced."
Christ, I feel like a gossiping woman.
"Bella told me," I said as he looked confused, most likely as to how I knew that little tidbit.
"It's complicated," he offered weekly.
"Yeah well, make it uncomplicated, 'cause you already have too much shit on your plate, and Katie's in the middle of it," I shot back.
"How about I make my own decisions, huh?" he replied with a glare. "It's my life, Edward. Not yours."
I knew that. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I tried to figure out how to talk to the man, 'cause yeah, I knew it's his life, but… fuck, he should be thinking about Katie.
"What if Tanya finds out about you sleeping with Alice?" I asked.
It hadn't been confirmed that they had slept together, but judging by Alice's expression at the party, and Jasper's reaction to finding out about her real age, I'd say they left Starbucks together.
Jasper said nothing, just pulled at his hair, so I took that as confirmation.
"Tanya could use it in the divorce to get Katie," I pointed out.
He still said nothing, but I could see him processing my words, and he knew I was right.
"I know," he sighed, frustrated. "I don't know what to do, man."
To me it was obvious, but… I didn't know the entire story.
"What is this between you and Alice?" I asked.
He shrugged, not replying… at first.
But then he did. "She's different."
I waited for him to continue.
"I confronted her about the age-thing after I found out," he mumbled. "And she admitted she was twenty… but I still didn't leave."
Didn't leave?
"You went all the way to Newark for this?" I asked incredulously.
Just how well did those two know each other?
"How long have you been seeing her?" I asked, deciding that that question was more important.
Thankfully, Jasper answered straight away, not beating around the bush.
"For about a week before I found out her real age…"
Holy… shit.
"And then a few times over the next few weeks before the party," he added tiredly.
Jesus.
"At her place?" I pressed.
He shrugged. "Sometimes… and sometimes here."
Ah, shit. Yeah, I stood up from my chair.
"Fuck, dude. Not there," he said, rolling his eyes.
Thank fuck!
We were quiet then for a while, and I knew the ten minutes had passed.
He knew it, too.
"I'll tell you all about it on Saturday, yeah?"
I nodded. "Fine."
*O*O*O*
*I want Bella to do it, Daddy!*
I gritted my teeth.
Emma was throwing the tantrum of the year, screaming, crying, shouting, and whining… all because Bella texted me, saying that she would be twenty minutes late.
Twenty minutes. That's it.
But apparently that's enough for Emma who doesn't like it when I help get her paints and brushes out.
"But if I do it, you and Bella can start painting as soon as she comes home," I told her.
*No!* And then she screamed.
Lovely.
And I'm done. "Go to your room, Emma."
She stomped her foot before sitting down on the kitchen floor. *No. I want Bella. Now.* She squeezed her eyes shut, effectively cutting off our communication.
In my periphery, I saw Bella all of a sudden.
Fuck, she looked beautiful.
Walking over to where Emma sat on the floor, I crouched down and nudged her arm, to which she gave me a classic Emma-scowl and one eye open.
"Look behind you, Emma," I sighed.
I'm tired. So goddamn exhausted.
And it's only five PM. Jesus…
Emma complied, and… yeah, tears were gone, and she started giggling as she ran towards Bella.
*Hi, Bella! I want to paint now.*
Yeah, she was all sugar now.
*Hey, Sweetie,* Bella signed, smiling carefully before turning to me. "Tantrum?"
"To say the least," I muttered, sitting down at the kitchen table.
Bella nodded and crouched down to Emma's level. "Daddy told you to go to your room, Sweetie."
I watched them intently. For obvious reasons.
*We always paint first,* Emma argued. Still smiling, though.
Bella nodded. "Yes, but you need to apologize, because you can't yell like that. I thought you were a big girl."
Anyone who walked in here now would think that Bella's her mother.
Me included.
And I'm… so fucked up in love with her.
*I want to paint! And I am a big girl,* Emma replied, scowling, and I knew another fit was coming, but before I could step in, Bella continued perfectly.
"You're not acting like a big girl," Bella said, her face showing softness at the same time as she showed strength. She wasn't caving on Emma. "Big girls apologize if they have done something wrong. And if you won't apologize, there will be no painting."
I had nothing to say. She handled Emma perfectly. Just like I would've handled the situation. Instead of letting me take over, like she could've done, she stayed put – on my side.
My thoughts were interrupted then, by Emma screaming.
And I stood up.
"It's okay, Edward," Bella said. "I'll take her. She needs to know I won't cave."
Before I could respond, Bella picked Emma up, and carried her to her room. Screaming, squirming, arms flailing.
But Bella just pulled through.
Could she be more perfect?
I doubted it.
When Bella returned to the kitchen, she just chuckled while grabbing the groceries she had with her.
"Well, I survived my first tantrum with her."
Chuckled! Doesn't she see how huge this is? Well, for me… the lovesick puppy.
"You sure did." I smiled, half forced because I needed to act casual, and half… because I was just so goddamn amazed by this woman. "And you did great, Bella, really."
Blushing slightly, she sent me a beautiful smile before she got started on the cooking.
I knew I had loads of work to do in my room, but I didn't want to wait discussing the matter of Jasper and Alice, and thankfully Bella felt the same when she initiated the topic, stating that Alice wasn't easy to talk to.
She then proceeded to tell me that Alice was in love with Jasper, and… I didn't know what to say. I mean, seriously… she's in love with him?
I know what it's like to fall in love with someone.
I know how it feels to not have that love reciprocated, because of all the complicity… and shit.
Which is why I'm not speaking up about my feelings regarding Bella.
But Alice, well, according to Bella, Alice says she can't back off, and when Bella reminded her of Katie, and the divorce, Alice just said that she would be on Jasper's side as long as he wanted it. As for Katie, Alice had no problems with the little girl, despite having only met her once.
I understood quickly that Alice is a wonderful girl, but a bit flaky and naïve, because the fact remains; if Jasper loses Katie, I know he's gonna be ruined. And Tanya would use his affair as a weapon if she finds out.
It doesn't matter that Jasper and Tanya are 'over.' They are still married and that's what matters in court.
Before I retreated to my music-room, I told Bella about my talk with Jasper, and admitted that he would probably put their 'fling' to an end now that he realized just how bad this could get.
But if they have real feelings for each other, surely they will be able to wait until the divorce is finalized, right?
*O*O*O*
Mid November 2010.
The last couple of weeks have gone by fast, and Bella is… Jesus, there are no words.
Let's just say it's hard to get out of bed after the nights she's spending in my room. But that's sorta my rule. To get out of be before her, to not… suffocate her… or whatever.
It's far from every night that she sleeps in my bed, though.
For instance, if we have sex in the shower – and my God, that's fucking hot – she goes to her room that night. But if she does sleep in my bed, I make sure to get up early.
It's the only thing stopping me from telling her to stay forever, because… hell, watching her with Emma… there are no words describing what I feel.
I know I'm setting myself up for a total heartbreak, but I can't not be with her. I crave her too much.
I love her. More than I ever thought possible.
Emma loves her, too.
And to be honest, I'm not really comfortable with how attached Emma is to Bella, because she, Bella, is closer and closer to leaving us. She's looking for apartments often, and with her trust fund, no one will deny her once she's found something she likes.
Okay, what else…
Jasper, Tanya, and Alice… Christ, what a fuckery that is.
The divorce is in full swing, and Tanya's relentless in trying to gain full custody of Katie – something that makes my blood boil, because Katie's been a mess whenever Tanya takes her to the doctor for yet another exam. And Jasper is close to falling apart.
He is however glad he broke it off with Alice because Tanya's been digging for shit that could make Jasper look like a bad husband as well as a bad father. Thankfully, Alice realizes, too, that this is for the best, and I have to say I was surprised when Bella told me that Alice will in fact wait for Jasper, and that certainly shows she's mature. Not to mention how deep her feelings must be.
I asked Jasper, call it morbid curiosity, if he felt the same for her, but he's dealing with too much to think about it. Though, it didn't go unnoticed how he reacted to me just mentioning her name.
I do believe it's mutual between the two.
Good for them… I suppose.
I'm so fucking thrilled for them.
Sense the sarcasm.
I ain't nothing but jealous.
*O*O*O*
"Mmm… you know, that's sorta… distracting." Bella hummed.
She's cooking. I'm kissing her neck, because… I haven't had her in two days.
I hate it when she spends the night with Alice. It happens too often.
It has happened once.
Like I said; too often.
And I love my princess more than anything in the world, but she's been one helluva cockblocker this evening, demanding not one, but four bedtime stories.
"Can't really apologize," I mumbled against her neck. "Cause I'm not sorry."
She giggled – a sound that goes straight to my already hard cock. And it doesn't help when she rubs against it, you know.
"Edward… I'm… hungry… haven't eaten all day," she moaned.
"We can order in," I replied, nibbling on her earlobe. "And guess what we can do while we wait for the food to arrive."
I rubbed my dick against her ass, eliciting a moan from both of us, and…
"Okay."
…I had her convinced.
Turning around in my arms, she reached up as I leaned down, capturing her lips with mine, and fuck, it was like sweet reunion.
Pushing me backwards until I hit the counter, we kissed passionately, pretty much ravishing each other. Just the way I loved it. But the damn woman broke the kiss then.
Then she fished out her phone from her pocket, handing it to me. "Order us pizza."
And then she sunk to her knees in front of me.
Fuck!
"Now, Edward." She smirked, already unbuttoning my jeans.
Yes, ma'am, I thought, swallowing hard as I punched in the number to Amsterdam Avenue Pizzeria.
Then she had my cock in her hand. Fucking hell. And planted an openmouthed kiss on it as I waited for the fucking pizza place to answer.
"Goddamn," I groaned, feeling Bella suck me in hard… and shit, deep.
Pouty lips wrapped around my cock. Hard. Wet. Oh, God…
"Welcome to Amsterdam Avenue Pizzeria, may I take your order?"
FUCK!
"Um… yes…" Oh, fuck, that feels good! Yes, so fucking deep. "Shit… uhmmm, number… 47 on the-ungh… menu…"
I looked down, not caring one bit about how smug she looked to have me rendered speechless, because all I could focus on was her mouth. Hot, wet mouth… pumping my cock… in and out…
"Anything else, sir?"
Oh, right…
"Ungh… no, that's good…" Yes, teeth grazing. "So fucking good!"
Bella giggled – fucking giggled around my cock – and I just… fought, and fought, and fought… not to moan out loudly…
My cock glistened as she worked me harder and harder… fuck, hitting the back of her throat… ungh… yes… panting… feeling the… tensing…
"Um, okay… And your address?"
"14… West… 69th street." Did I even get that right? "For Cullen."
I couldn't wait, so I just hung up, and…
"Holy fuck, Bella," I moaned, dropping the phone on the floor before threading my fingers through her hair. "Definitely gonna… punish you… for that… ungh!"
She moaned then, around me, and I was losing it.
"Close, baby," I grunted, thrusting slightly into her hot mouth.
She moaned and I looked down, to see her nod…
Jesus!
I pushed harder this time, already fighting like a goddamn warrior not to come, but this… this was too hot to rush through. And again she moaned, apparently turned on when I thrust. But… shit! Too close, too close, too close!
"I'm coming," I gritted out, and then it all washed over me, or through me, or whatever.
Deep in her mouth, I came hard in several spurts.
I am way over my head with this one, I thought as I regained my breath. Goddamn sex… sex-goddess for fuck's sake.
"Fucking hell, beautiful," I breathed, pulling Bella to a stand.
Then she made a show of licking her pouty lips, and I just… well, I think I sorta lost it for a second. You know, eyes glazing over and shit.
"Told ya I was hungry," she giggled.
Giggled!
Vixen.
As I pulled the smirking woman to me and kissed her, I started scheming. Definitely gonna work her good later.
"Holy shit, you can kiss," she mumbled against my lips then, and I sorta beamed in pride.
And there was that blush.
Now I knew that she blushed either when she was embarrassed, turned on, or humbled. I had learned that over the past weeks, and now, right this second, I knew that Bella hadn't meant to say that out loud.
"So can you," I chuckled breathlessly, breaking the kiss. "Like no other… Fucking love your lips, beautiful," I added truthfully.
But she averted her eyes to the floor then, and I feared that I had gone too far.
Just thinking that we're… friends with… benefits…
Tastes horrible for fuck's sake.
Time to go back to casual.
"The pizza should be here any minute," I sighed, zipping my pants at the same time. "And then I'm gonna get back at you for that stunt you pulled with the phone."
Oh, and I love you.
Stay with me forever?
Twenty minutes later, we were sitting in the living room, chucking pizza, and I decided it was time to broach a certain subject. I was dying to know myself, but it was my mom forcing me to actually ask.
"Thanksgiving's coming up," I said, keeping my eyes on the flat screen. You know, to keep it light and casual. Like I'm merely curious. "Mom and Dad are inviting you to their Thanksgiving dinner."
And I really want you to come.
"Oh," was her reply, but then she continued, and I didn't like her answer. "Wow, um… well, uh, I'm going home. Alice and I both are."
Home. To Washington. Across the fucking country.
"But make sure to thank them for inviting me," she added softly. "I really wish I could go, but I haven't seen my mom since July."
Right.
"Of course," I said, even nodding in understanding. "When are you leaving?"
I did understand of course, but that didn't mean I liked it.
"Two days before, and then I'll be back two days after."
I nodded, doing the math in my head.
I have five days with her before she leaves, and then she'll be across the country for five.
It felt… awful.

No comments: