Friday, June 1, 2012

Sign 4

EPOV
That Saturday night, after the park and just hanging out with my daughter, Rose and Em came over for a pizza and a movie, which thrilled me to no end.
I was still battling internally about what I found out today. You, know, the DILF thing. Frankly, I was losing my mind, and my balls were bluer than ever.
Okay, so eight years separates us. Is that really so bad?
She's legal. She thinks I'm a DILF – AKA, a dad she wouldn't mind fucking. Or at least someone she finds hot.
Surely it would be fine for me to take a really long, satisfying shower then, eh?
"Whatcha thinkin', Edward?" Rose asked.
Oh, right, they're here.
Deep thoughts go better with 'later' and 'alone.'
"Nothing," I lied, leaning back against the couch.
Emma and Emmett were in charge of picking a movie, and it didn't surprise me when they picked Ice Age. It also didn't surprise me that when Emma fell asleep, Emmett went for Ice Age II.
Rose was about to say something clever – judging by the smirk – but her phone interrupted.
"Uh-oh, someone's in trouble," she snickered before answering. "Bella, are you drunk-calling?"
Bella…
Can't catch a break, huh?
Drunk-calling, though? At nine PM? Kinda early, right?
"Where are you?" I heard Rose ask.
Then there was a loud squeal at the other end that made me laugh. "AT A PAAARTYYYY!" Rose instinctively took the phone away from her ear, and after throwing me a wicked smirk, she turned the speaker phone on. "Where are you, Rooose!"
This had Emmett's attention, too, and we both fought the urge to laugh as we listen to a Bella that clearly couldn't handle her liquor.
"I'm at Edward and Emma's place," Rose chuckled.
"Ooooh, he's so yummyyyyy!" Bella slurred, making my eyes widen.
"Dude, I'd say your eye-fucking is mutual," Emmett laughed quietly.
Yeah, he had noticed it, too. The way I watched her, that is.
And Bella apparently thinks I'm yummy.
"Uh-huh." Rose smirked. "And why are you drunk this early, B?"
"'Cause I broke up with Mike today! I'm celebraaaatiiiing!"
That was… definitely news to me.
She had a goddamn boyfriend?
And why did I feel anything about that?
God, so many questions! She's celebrating that she's single? She's single now, then? And again, why does that matter?
"That's great, babe! About time!" Rose obviously approved.
"I know!" Bella gasped. "I mean, the dude had a two inch dick. What the hell am I supposed to do with that, huh? Cuddle it?"
Oh. My…
Fucking hell.
"Yes, what indeed," Rose replied, choking on laughter. "And also maybe 'cause you never loved the guy?" she added pointedly.
"THAT, TOO!"
"Dear lord," I muttered.
Oh, but Bella wasn't done, and in a hushed and slurry voice she asked, "Does Edward have a big, you know…"
I choked.
Emmett guffawed really fucking loudly.
My sister let out a mixture of a gagging noise and a chortle.
Did that gorgeous, but very drunken girl just wonder about the size of my cock?
Rose recovered somewhat quickly, turning the speaker phone off, and darted out into the kitchen, and Emmett and I… well, we just sat there.
.
.
.
"So, you gonna tap that or what?" he asked casually after a few minutes.
I'd say I was shocked, but I really wasn't. Emmett was just naturally crude, and his comment didn't even throw me off.
"No," I said.
No matter how much we both would find the other attractive, sexy, or hot, I'm not going to do anything with Bella. And it has nothing to do with age in that sense anymore, because it doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else, so why would it with me? Besides, Bella is without a doubt a mature woman for her age, and she doesn't act twenty.
But still.
If anything were to happen between us, it would only complicate things.
My first priority is Emma. If I start something with Bella and it doesn't work out – which it never does – Emma will be devastated.
That night, though… fuck, I came so hard my knees almost buckled.
The image of Bella on her knees in front of me had me climaxing in mere minutes, and if Bella can ask about the size of my dick, then I sure as hell can get off thinking about her.
So, I did.
And then the morning after again. And that night. Same story the day after when Bella came back on Monday.
She didn't act differently, so it was safe to say she didn't remember shit about her call to Rose.
*O*O*O*
Early October 2010
Checking my time, I noticed that it was past five, and Bella hadn't called to say something was up… and I was getting worried.
It was a regular Tuesday, and to put things in a nice time perspective for ya, I've been jerking off to Bella for a week now. Good enough?
Anyway, she usually arrives around four on Tuesdays but not today.
Luckily, Emma's easily distracted with cartoons.
Another ten minutes later, the intercom finally rang, and Eleazar announced Bella's arrival.
It felt weird how much I breathed out in relief.
Usually when Bella knocks on my door, I take a few breaths, you know, to not seem eager, but this time I almost ripped the door open. And Bella looked… tired. Exhausted.
"I'm so sorry I'm late, Edward," she sighed as she passed me. "I wanted to call but my stupid battery died."
"And 'hi' of course," she added, smiling apologetically while removing her jacket.
"Um, hi," I chuckled once. "You look tired. Is everything okay?"
"I don't wanna bore you with the details," she chuckled humorlessly.
"You wouldn't bore me," I said quickly. You really, really wouldn't. "Come on, lets get some coffee, and I'll be your listener." I didn't give her room to argue.
Perfect, I thought as we went to the kitchen. Now I can finally learn something about her private life.
"Are you sure?" she asked hesitantly, taking a seat at the kitchen table.
"I'm really sure," I promised as I brought her a cup of coffee.
Black. One sugar. No milk.
I learned that by… you know, happening to be there when she went for coffee.
"I… well, I sorta had a fight with my mom," she said, shaking her head and keeping her hands and eyes on the mug. "We were Skyping and I told her about this art class I wanted to take, and she thought I should just focus on dancing." Um, okay? Glad- thrilled to learn more about her, but I don't know what to say. I can listen, but I'm not sure if I should giver her advice. Thankfully, Bella continued right away. "I always loved ballet, because it's so beautiful to watch, you know? And I sorta had this dream of teaching children the ballet, but Mom said I should aim higher and perform professionally, so to speak. But I've always been into painting and photography, too, and I guess Mom thought enough is enough."
Silence.
I don't understand. Can't she have both?
Seems pretty simple to me, and I already know how talented she is at painting and sketching, having seen her with Emma.
"Can't you do both?" I asked, sorta confused.
"Not if I wanna dance professionally," she mumbled.
"But is that what you want, then?" I asked.
Silence.
And then she shook her head in the negative, still finding the mug rather fucking interesting.
It hit me then, and it fit the image I had of Bella. Of being a caretaker, and being selfless.
She's doing this for her mother.
Averting her eyes out the window, she spoke again. "Mom always wanted to be a dancer…"
She didn't speak more about it, but she didn't have to.
Her mother was obviously living through Bella.
I didn't want to say too much or overstep any boundaries, but… "Can't really tell you what to do, Bella, and I don't think you're looking for advice either, but… you shouldn't make decisions based on guilt."
"That obvious, huh?" She smiled ruefully, finally facing me.
"A bit," I murmured, giving her a half smile.
Damn, she's beautiful…
She drew a large breath then, and I guess the conversation was over.
Hopefully, this wasn't the last time we spoke more like…friends? Or whatever.
"Well, thank you for listening," she said, smiling softly. "It really helped, especially now that I don't have Alice."
"Oh?" I inquired. "Where's she?"
I could ask that, right?
"Our lease on the apartment expired, and we're both sick of Chinatown, so she has already moved to Newark of all places."
"That'll be one hell of a commute compared to Chinatown," I chuckled, knowing that they attended Juilliard together.
"That it will, that it will," Bella agreed, grinning. "I can't picture myself outside of Manhattan, but we'll just have to see, I guess."
Right, that means she's moving.
"You haven't found a new place then?"
"No," she replied, shaking her head. "Easier for Alice since she wanted something outside of Manhattan, but it's gonna take a while for me, 'cause I can't leave here."
Understandable, but where the hell does she live then?
Bella must have seen the question written all over my face, because she answered without me asking.
"I'm staying at a hotel in Little Italy."
Huh.
A hotel?
I know she's a trust fund baby, but where the hell is all her stuff?
I mean, an apartment isn't exactly easy to come by in Manhattan.
"You're welcome to stay here if you want." I shrugged. "You've seen the guest bedroom, and I have storage space in the basement…" I trailed off.
That had to be better than living in a hotel, right?
I mean, that can't be comfortable.
Plus, it would be close for her to school.
"Um, what?" she asked warily. "You… uh, what?"
Shit. Did I just overstep some line? Fuck, I don't know about crap like that, goddamnit.
"Just a suggestion," I said, keeping my ass calm. "Until you found your own place. Must be more comfortable than in a hotel, and God knows I have room for your stuff. I mean, you must have furniture and stuff like that, right?"
Shut up, Cullen. Shut. Up!
Shutting up.
"They're in a storage unit in Jersey," she mumbled, looking at her damn mug again.
That's not a no.
"Well, just think about it," I replied, shrugging again, because I seriously didn't see any issues. "The room's yours if you want it, and there's an ensuite bath as you know… And space for your own stuff."
Plus, Emma would be over the moon. That much was clear.
It'd be like a sleepover that lasted for a few weeks for her.
*O*O*O*
Okay, I said it wasn't a big deal to have Bella live in the guestroom for a few weeks while she looked for her own place.
Man, I was wrong.
She moved in yesterday – after a week of thinking about it.
I really didn't think. At all.
But Emmett, Rose, and Jasper sure as hell made me see things clearer when they came over yesterday to help me and Bella with her stuff.
Emmett waggled his goddamn eyebrows and told me how transparent I was.
Rose smiled smugly as if she had just executed a master plan successfully.
Jasper pursed his lips, stayed quiet for a few minutes before asking what the hell I was doing. Then he explained since I clearly didn't see shit clearly. Bella, the twenty-year-old girl I'm highly attracted to… will be here… every night… sleeping two doors down the hallway from me. This apartment will be her temporary home. With me and Emma. Living with us.
I am so fucked. Right up there, so fucked.
I argued with him – albeit feebly – that it wasn't like that. I told him that Bella insisted on paying rent for the room, plus taking care of Emma without getting paid. That was her condition, and I had reluctantly agreed to her terms.
Jasper then opened his yapper again, stating that that was even worse, because that means I can't even see Bella as an employee anymore since Bella takes care of Emma without being paid to do so.
So, yeah, I'm fucked.
And… showering cold again.
No fucking way am I getting off at the image of her when she's right there… down the hall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wowza! this is some witty, warm, sexy story. I am cackling regularly. It's just a matter of time!